If you're a subscriber to our Basic E-mail Hosting solution, you can follow these steps to configure your software to connect and download your e-mail via POP3 and send your e-mail via SMTP in any e-mail client on your computer or other smart-phone / PDA. NOTE: If you are subscribed to our more advanced Microsoft Exchange e-mail hosting service, these instructions are NOT for you.
- Close Outlook completely and verify it is not running by checking for the icon in the Taskbar or Notification Area by the clock.
- Open Control Panel and find the icon for 'Mail'. When you find it, double click on it. [see Figure 1 and Figure 2]
- Select the 'E-mail Accounts...' button. [see Figure 3]
- Click on the 'New...' button. [see Figure 4]
- Select 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' and click Next [see Figure 5]
- Select 'Internet E-mail' and click Next [see Figure 6]
- Enter your name, e-mail address, user name (same as your e-mail address) and password. For the 'Incoming Mail Server' and 'Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)', enter: WebMail.MyCloudServer.info [see Figure 7]
- Click on 'More Settings...' and select the 'Outgoing Server' tab at the top. Put a check mark in the box, 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'. [see Figure 8]
- Select the 'Advanced' tab at the top. Change the value of 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' from the default port of 25 to 587. [see Figure 9]
- Press 'OK' and then 'NEXT'. Depending upon your e-mail client, a test may be performed to verify your settings.
Assuming the account was successfully setup, you can now close the remaining settings windows and control panel and then open Outlook and begin using your e-mail account.