If you're a subscriber to our Exchange E-mail Hosting solution, you can follow these steps to manually configure your Exchange E-Mail account in Outlook 2013, 2010 or 2007 if you're having issues with the auto-configuration guide.
- Close Outlook completely and verify it is not running by checking for the icon in the Taskbar or Notification Area by the clock.
- Open Control Panel and find the icon for 'Mail'. When you find it, double click on it. [see Figure 1 and Figure 2]
- Select the 'E-mail Accounts...' button. [see Figure 3]
- Click on the 'New...' button, select 'E-mail Account' and press the 'Next' button. [see Figure 4]
- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' option and press the 'Next' button.
- Select the 'Microsoft Exchange or compatible service' option and press the 'Next' button.
- Enter your manual configuration alias in the 'Server' box and enter your full e-mail address in the 'User Name' box. [see Figure 5]
- To find your manual configuration alias, login to your Exchange Control Panel and look near the bottom of the page. [see Figure 5.1]
- Click on the 'More Settings' button and select the 'Connection' tab. Put a check mark in the 'Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP' box. [see Figure 6]
- Click on the 'Exchange Proxy Settings...' button and enter the following information in the window that appears [see Figure 7]:
In the first field, enter: webmail05.mycloudmailbox.com
Put a check mark in the 'Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate' box.
In the second field, enter: msstd:*.mycloudmailbox.com
Put a check mark in the 'On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP' box.
Change the 'Proxy authentication settings' drop-down to 'Basic Authentication'
- Press 'OK' to exit the Proxy Settings window and then click 'OK' to exit the more settings window.
- Click next and in the Windows Security dialog that appears, enter your full e-mail address and password. Select the 'Save My Password' check-box if you'd like your password to be saved. [see Figure 8]
- Click the 'Finish' button to exit the wizard.